Your privacy is very important to us. We have a few fundamental principles that we follow:
We don’t ask you for or collect personal information.
We don’t share your anonymize information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
We don’t store personal or anonymize information on our servers.
Like most website operators, Bimmerscan collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Bimmerscan’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Bimmerscan’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Bimmerscan may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Bimmerscan may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. However, Bimmerscan does not collect or disclose personally-identifying information.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Products Page Store
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store. While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Who on our team has access?
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information
If Bimmerscan, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Bimmerscan goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, anonymize user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Bimmerscan may continue to use your anonymize information as set forth in this policy.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.